Food Regulation


Each group selling food must send Vancouver for Peace proof of their insurance before they will be assigned a space.

Health District:

Each group must go to the Health District at least 2 weeks in advance to obtain a temporary permit.

Cost of a temporary permit is $152.

There must be at least one person with a Food Handler Permit in the booth at all times.

A Food Handler’s Permit costs $10 and can be obtained at the Health Department or on line at

There must be a hand washing station in each space.

For a non-profit to sell non-hazardous items (prepackaged anything, coffee, tea, whole fruit, etc) there is no charge, but they must have done paper work at the Health Department to that effect.

Fire Marshall:

Each group applies for their own permit at least 10 days in advance, and it is free. Download Concessions Permit PDF.

Comments are closed